Monday, March 1, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


This morning I started at my March calendar. The meals are all blank. I didn't feel like planning a menu. I have a freezer full of meat and vegetables, a pantry stocked with rice and potatoes. Surely just having the food in my house would be good enough, right? Thankfully, I came to my senses. I remembered why I plan my menus. Sure, I can coordinate menus and shopping lists and make avoid last minute trips to the store. But I'm also eliminating that 4:00, "it's time to think about dinner and I didn't defrost anything" rut. I started slapping some meals on the calendar, and actually ended up filling in most of the month! It only took three minutes and I will avoid all sorts of headaches later. Without further ado, here's my menu for the week.

Monday- Leftovers
Tuesday- Roast with potatoes and veggies
Wednesday- Pasta and bread
Thursday- Fried rice
Friday- Pizza night
Saturday- Grilled Chicken, 
Sunday- eat what you want night.

Check out more menus and planning ideas over at orgjunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment