Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


Our baby will be four weeks old tomorrow. It's hard to believe she's that old already! God certainly grants grace to tired new mommies, but the sleep deprivation is starting to hit me pretty hard. So, I have no idea what the week will look like and I may actually be napping in the afternoons. The best plan for me in times like this is to utilize my crockpot since I'm more alert in the mornings by nature. However, I'm not very creative in this regard, tending to just throw in a roast or a whole chicken. Please share some of your crockpot recipes. My family will appreciate it! this week is a week of "options," and we'll match one of the following meals to the appropriate level of energy Mama has. :)

Breakfast Options:
Muffins, Oatmeal, Cereal, Eggs
Bananas, Apples, Milk

Lunch Options:
PB&J, Soup, Leftovers
Crackers, Popcorn, Fruit, Carrot sticks, Salad, Milk

Dinner Options:
1. Cheesy Chicken and Rice (freezer meal)
2. Frozen Pizza
3. Pasta
4. Grilled Chicken Breasts with potatoes and salad
5. Venison Stew (crock pot)
6. Pork Roast (crock pot)

Visit some other menus this week over at Organzing Junkie.

1 comment:

  1. I use my crockpot to bake potatoes and sweet potatoes. I also use it to make lots of different beans (black, pintos & red beans). Potato Soup, Minestrone, chili, etc. You can also put any type of cheap cut of beef, add a can of cream of mushroom soup and french onion soup, let it cook all day and serve over noodles or rice - yummy! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete