Sunday, January 3, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Some weeks, you just don't know what's going to happen. I've discovered that even the framework of a menu plan can help. Less than two weeks ago we had our fifth baby. This is my first week having all the kids in my house by myself. I'm a little nervous. I'm sure the baby will always want to eat when it's time to make dinner. So, my plan is to have a list of meal options that I can choose from depending on how the day is going. I am also being blessed by my friends and will have dinner delivered to my home a couple of times this week. Here's my list of meal potentials:

Breakfast: oatmeal or cereal, fruit and milk
Lunch: sandwiches or soup, fruit or veggies, crackers, milk
Dinner options:
Cheesy chicken and rice (freezer meal from a friend)
Sausage and potatoes (this is one the kids can make)
Pork or venison roast with potatoes and carrots (in the crock pot)
Pasta (another one for the kids!)
Frozen pizza
Grilled chicken with potatoes and salad

I'm hoping that gives us enough flexibility to get through the week! What are your easy go-to meals? How do you handle meals during tough times in your life (after a new baby, sick family, etc)?

Check out other plans at orgjunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment