Friday, January 29, 2010

Lemons


My blog has received an award this week! How exciting! My friend over at Rediscovering Domesticity has granted me the "When Life Gives You Lemons" award. I tried tracking down the origin of this award. While I was introduced to a number of interesting blogs, I couldn't find the primary source. I'm still excited for this honor and hope you all have a chance to check out her blog.

The rules are simple. I'm to share five things about myself with you. Then I get to share five new winners for this award. I must say that both of these are difficult for me and I've spent days trying to come up with five things to share and narrow my fave blogs down to five! 

Five Things About Lynnette
1. I grew up in Minnesota and spent time most summers of my youth fishing with my grandparents. While I can bait my own hook (with grubs, minnows, or whatever), I still refuse to take the fish off.
2. I started playing viola when I was eight. It consumed my life in high school and I even played in college for a bit. I don't play nearly enough anymore. I tried teaching my oldest, but he didn't think I knew what I was talking about!
3. We are currently taking Mandarin lessons as a family. I'm hoping that on the next trip to Asia, my boys will be able to translate for me.
4. I rarely measure my ingredients when cooking. When trying something new, I look at several recipes and hodge-podge something together.
5. I follow over thirty blogs in a reader and am thoroughly addicted to them. 

Five Really Cool Blogs

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the aware, Lynnette. It's an honor. :)

    I love that you are studying Mandarin as a family. We are trying to teach our kids Japanese and hope to go back there with our kids sometime in the not-so-distant future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award!

    I love your blog & think you're very deserving.

    How fun to take lessons as a family.
    And I love listening to the viola. Such a beautiful instrument.

    ReplyDelete