Thursday, January 28, 2010

Deals of the Week


I love good deals. I love reading about them. I love seeing them. I love getting them! I am now following 33 blogs in my reader, most of them pertaining to deal-hunting. How does a person keep track of all the great deals at all the stores? It's easier than you might think.

I use a Word document. The name of the store is like a "heading" and I use a larger and bolder font. When I sit down to sift through the blogs, I simply open up my document and copy and paste the deals I'm interested in over. I'm afraid to admit that I actually do this several times a day. I only go shopping once or twice a week, though. When it's time to hit the stores, I open up my document (cleverly called "deals") and figure out which stores I'm going to hit. I print the printable coupons, pull out my from-the-paper coupons paper clip them to my shopping list and off we go! How do you keep track of all your deals? Leave a comment, I'm still learning how to keep track of it all!

One downside to doing it this way is that there are often printable coupons that I miss because it hits the print limit before I get to it. When I started my coupon madness, I printed way too many and ended up with lots of wasted paper. I'm sure there's a middle ground to printing coupons that I'll actually use without missing out, I just need to find it.

Another issue that has come up is that many of the blogs are not in my area, so a store may have different regular prices. Then I get to the store and the item isn't as cheap as I thought it was. So, I have to stand there and decide if it's something I still want.

Here is part of my trip to Wal-Mart this week. I did buy a few other things, too. My total for these deals was right around $10. I used $22 in coupons. How cool is that? Many of these coupons are still available, so print some for yourself and hit the store!


2 Digiorno 200 calorie pizzas reg. $2.50 each, paid $1.00 total
used 1 Free and $1.50/1 coupons from Kraft First Taste


6 boxes of Sunbelt bars reg. $2.00 each, paid $1.00 each
BOGO printable coupon from manufacturer


4 StarKist tuna pouches reg $.98 paid .$94
used BOGO mailer from Vocal Point and 2 $1/1 printable from Vocal Point (realized later I could have bought 3, used all coupons and they would have been free, oh well)


2 Reach dental floss reg $.97 had .06 overage
used 2 Reach $1.00 MQ's from 1/3 paper


2 Johnson and Johnson soap buddies reg $.97 had .06 overage
used 2 J&J $1.00 MQ's from 1/3 paper


Johnson & Johnson sterile gauze reg $1.56 paid $.56
used J&J $1.00 MQ from 1/3 paper


Johnson and Johnson band-aids reg $1.77 paid $.77
used J&J $1.00 MQ from 1/3 paper


Aquafresh Extreme Clean trial size reg $.97 paid 0
used free offer coupon (not sure where this came from)


Dove deoderant reg $2.47 paid $.47
used $2.00 printable

And I probably should have added the great deal on Coffee-Mate creamer at Walgreens that I did last night. BOGO at $2.49. Use two $1.00 printable coupons and get them both for $.49.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of making a document and posting under the store name and only shopping once a week with your list in hand!

    Thanks for the great idea.

    Julie, Spokane, WA

    ReplyDelete