Monday, February 22, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I have found that with a dairy-free diet it is really important to plan ahead. When I plan my menu, I can make sure that there is a variety of foods throughout the week, and that there is plenty that is dairy free. If I don't plan and I just open the cupboard and see the boxed sides I'm in a lot of trouble, because they all contain dairy. I'm in the process of finding some easy last-minute type meals that are dairy free. For now, I need to be diligent about planning dairy free meals or substitutions. I also need to be aware of this at pot lucks and friend's houses. Just because I use a dairy-free margarine, it doesn't meat that everyone else does! So, this week I would like to also find some time for making some muffins, cookies, and other things that I can freeze. These I can throw in the diaper bag and have available for the times a plate of cookies is set out and I'm not sure if it's okay for me to eat it.

Monday- Leftover Soups and Fresh Bread
Tuesday- Pasta, Salad, Garlic Bread
Wednesday- Hot Dogs, Mac N Cheese, Carrot Sticks
Thursday- Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Veggies
Friday- Pizza Night
Saturday- Tuna Casserole
Sunday- Eat What You Want Night

For more great menu ideas and planning tips, check out the Organizing Junkie's page.

No comments:

Post a Comment