Monday, September 7, 2009

When You Give it Will Come Back to You

"Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." ~Luke 6:38
My husband is a giver. And I am not! I have learned that his method is more profitable. When he was single he quite often covered expenses for other people- whether it was treating someone to a movie with the group, supporting a staff member with GCM, or covering a roomie’s rent for the month, he used his money to bless others.

One day after balancing the check book and seeing our savings dwindle some more, our door bell rang. There was one of his old roommates holding an envelope “God told me to give this to you. Greg was generous when I was in need, and I thought you could use it now.” And there was a check that covered the very bills I had been fretting about.

It isn't always going to be the case that someone you specifically bless will return the favor. Remember the concept of "pass it forward?" Often it goes around a circle and comes back to you completely unexpectedly. We've recieved hand me down clothes, produce from abundant gardens, free babysitting, and so on. When you live a lifestule that seeks to bless others as you have the opportunity, you'll soon find that others are living that way as well. The sharing and caring eventually makes it's way back to you. Often right when you need it most!

No comments:

Post a Comment