Monday, November 16, 2009

Menu Plan Monday



Next week is Thanksgiving. I tried buying one of the .40/lb turkeys from Wal-Mart last night, and they were all out! I'll try again tomorrow. I'm hoping to cook and debone a couple of turkeys for my freezer. That's such a great price!

I also need to make some room in my freezer for (hopefully) another deer this season. And get some freezer meals in there ready to go for January (baby coming end of Dec). Plus, I still have two pumpkins that need taking care of, and a basket of tomatoes that actually turned red! There's a lot on my cooking to do list in the next couple of weeks!

Breakfasts- oatmeal, muffins, cereal, milk

Lunches- PB&J, pretzels, apples/carrots, milk

Dinners

Monday- Pasta
Pasta, Sauce, Hamburger, Bread

Tuesday- hot dogs
Hot dogs
Fried Potatoes
Veggies
(+cook venison for tomorrow)

Wednesday- Venison stew (in crock pot)
Venison, Potatoes, Carrots, Onion

Thursday- Chicken and Rice
Chicken breasts
Brown rice and broccoli

Friday- Pizza Night
dough recipe:
2 c warm water
1 c oil (vegetable is good, olive is better)
2.5 tsp yeast
2 tsp sugar
3 tsp salt
5-6 c bread flour (can sub 1/2 whole wheat)
optional- add italian seasonings (basil, oregano, garlic) to the crust or make breadsticks!
Let dough rise for one hour, punch down, rolls out 2-3 crusts (depends on thickness) top with favorite ingredients. (If making bread or breadsticks, let rise for 30-45 min after shaping)
Bake at 425 for about 20 min

Saturday- Eat What You Want (ie Leftovers)

Sunday- (Thanksgiving at church) Sweet Potatoes
sweet potatoes, butter/margarine, marshmallows
Do you have a good sweet potato recipe? I need to make a lot of these and my normal way may not be the best suited for the crockpot. Any suggestions?

That's the plan! If you'd like to take a peak at what some others are planning head over to Menu Plan Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Great menu! My kids love when our menu includes hot dogs. I wish i had a sweet potato recipe for you. I'm making that dish for the first time this year, so I have no offering.

    Thanks for sharing & have a good week!

    ReplyDelete