Friday, April 2, 2010

Shopping One Friday Morning

It was a beautiful morning in Nebraska. One mom and her five children decided to head to the stores. First it was Sam's Club. They climbed on top of the cans of tomato sauce. Ran into other people's cards. They hid behind posts. The lack of free samples gave her nothing to bribe her children with. Luckily, she had a few powdered donuts that had been leftovers at the previous day's MOPS meeting. "If you're good in Hy-Vee, a donut for each of you!" While this mom was digging through her coupons in the yogurt aisle, the kids were poking the eggs. While she was trying to figure out which pop was on sale, they almost knocked over a display of wine. She didn't even make it to frozen foods, instead deciding to check out and be done with it. While she piled the items on the belt, the kids rearranged the candy. Finally, she had enough, "Sit down with your backs on the wall and your hands on your knees." She had been hoping to fit one more store into their morning, but alas it would not be. Amazingly, the man bagging the groceries complimented the behavior of these naughty children of hers. As she paid her bill, she sighed, at least she had gotten some good deals!

HyVee does have some good deals this week. These are the ones I took advantage of. I'm so frazzled that I can't even tell you if these are weekend sale items, or they will be going through Tuesday. If you plan to hit the store on Saturday, you should get these same prices. My total for this transaction was $21.37. I had around 12 dollars in savings from coupons alone! How awesome is that?
4 Dr Pepper 12 packs 4/$10 w/coupon from circular
2 Russet Potatoes $1.18 for 5 lb 
2 Betty Crocker Potatoes 5/$5 used $1/2 MQ from Con Agra booklet
1 Wesson Canola Oil reduced to $2.99 used $1 off MQ from Con Agra booklet
1 Nestle Chocolate Chips at $1.69 with circular coupon also used $.75 coupon (from Nestle Baking Club?)
1 Yoplait Yogurt FREE w/MyBlogSpark coupon
1 Philidelphia Cream Cheese Minis FREE w/First Taste mailer
1 Bunch Celery $.58
1 C&H Sugar $1.88 w/circular coupon used $.50 MQ from online (not sure where I printed this)
2 Blue Bonnet Margarine $.77 each
2 Betty Crocker frosting tubs $.89 each used $1/2 MQ from Con Agra booklet

I hope I have a chance to get to Super Saver this afternoon. It might have to wait until Greg gets home, so we don't have a repeat of our frustrating morning! They have 4 pounds of strawberries for $4.98. Add that to the bananas and blueberries I picked up at Sam's and we'll be enjoying some cheap smoothies. I love spring! Any other good deals this weekend? Let me know!

7 comments:

  1. Found you through FF and I am thrilled that I did! I was looking at you "Do It Yourself" post and can't wait to come back and see these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday Follow! I'm your newest follower...if you get a chance, please stop by and follow me too! Have a great weekend!

    http://www.mommylivingthelifeofriley.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday!! I am a New Follower!!

    Have a Great Easter Weekend!!

    Please Check out My Awesome Giveaway's!!

    Sarah

    sarahsblogoffun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from FF & now following you!!!
    http://tatumsreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new follower from FF!
    http://therempels4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your kids are normal. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. stopped by from FF! Have a great weekend.

    I can totally relate to this post.

    justanightowl.com

    ReplyDelete